Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 145 - Taking a step back

Something changed in me this week... maybe it was being sick and just giving into life. Maybe it was letting things go because I could not do them. Maybe it was realizing that there are always pit stops, even when things are good. Maybe it was another step in learning to give up control. Or a little of everything I am sure.

This week, amidst pain and sickness, I had a little bit of peace come over me. Peace that my life is really good and that I don't need anything more. Yes, I can want more... I can want to adopt, succeed, have more money, but I don't need more. I have so much as it is. I am already overwhelmed and on a schedule as it is. This week God was calling me to give up some things, not feel pressured to do it all, and to look at my little family and be exuberantly happy with what I have.

Sometimes God has to force us to take a step back so that we can a little more clearly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment