Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 150 - Go

It's no coincidence that the times I feel the most uninspired and distant in my life, are the times when I have missed church a few weeks in a row. This time of year is so busy and it seems like every weekend is something we have to do. I believe we missed three out of four weeks at church, which is highly unusual. During that time I felt like I was struggling to write, struggling to feel connected, and struggling to feel joyful. And then I went to church last Sunday, and "boom" I felt it again. The words that motivate me, the topics that interest me, and the phrases that give me hope.

Going to church is not just a thing you do. Going to church is giving yourself, and your family, time to reflect, draw near to God, and to grow in your own soul.

Maybe you haven't been in a long time. Maybe you don't feel connected when you do go. But maybe you are going through some really devastating feelings right now, and connecting to church can give you a new outlook and peace in your problems. God speaks to you there. God comforts you there. Just try it, give it a few weeks, make it a priority, drag your family out of bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment