Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 148 - CAN

I started running again yesterday. I stopped training for a week and a half due to medical issues. I was right in the middle of my 5 week program and giving up more than a week felt like I was starting all over again. I didn't go too far yesterday, but it was still hard. This morning I went out and everything felt wrong and uncomfortable. I was just about to give up and go home around the 2.5 mile mark, but I found my stride, and in doing so I realized that the only thing that was keeping me back was myself. I didn't believe that I could do it. I didn't believe that I could get back in the game. I didn't believe that I was strong enough. And so I pushed my own self down. Once I let go of that self doubt, I went another mile and a half. I felt good. I felt strong. I believed in myself.

Usually the only thing holding us back is ourselves.

Right when I got my I repeated this to myself:

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13 


And I did.

Don't hold yourself back from anything. Believe in your ability, and more so believe that you CAN do anything through Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment