Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 140 - When potholes hit

After I re-read yesterday's post I realized that I am afraid that I will fail and go back to my old self. That I won't be strong enough to take a break, and that I will give in. That I won't be able to hold it together. And then, wouldn't you know it, this is what I read in Life's Healing Choices.


We get stuck, and we cannot get unstuck on our own power - and so despair sets in. 


Are you worried that in this battle of life you won't be able to hold on? Don't worry. It's not your job to hold on. God will do the holding... 


Now it's time to exchange willpower for the willingness to accept God's power to run our lives.


When potholes hit, do I try and get through it alone, or do I accept God's power to take care of it? I think by nature when it comes to my physical strength, I try and do it myself. I always have. No wonder why my fears and failures always get the best of me. This time around I need to give it to God and allow His power to get me through. I need to trust that He can give me the strength to come out of this detour strong and confident, just as I was a few days ago.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment