Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 122 - Thank you

I am leaning on God to help me prepare for the race ahead of me (literally and metaphorically), and yet He has put this amazing peace and confidence in my heart. The past four months I have struggled with loving myself and all of a sudden I am feeling proud and content with who I am. I give the credit to God. He is molding me, challenging me, testing me, and literally allowing me to see that through struggle and darkness there is sunshine and wisdom. I have hated my body, been hard on myself, and yet suddenly I found a new path and I am pounds lighter and giving myself room to breathe. My mindset has changed tremendously and I can look back and see that the darkness was necessary to get me here. The bad days, the confusion, the doubt.... it all had a purpose. I opened my heart up, I begged God to help me see His path, and somehow I am now in this place where I am growing, defeating doubt, and living with peace. I have a long way to go.... but I know that I am moving.

I found this prayer request in my journal last night. It was from almost a month ago.

Lord, I am praying for peace in my heart over the way I look. I want to learn to love and accept myself while striving to lose weight, be fit, and get healthy.


Thank you God for listening.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13 (TNIV)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment