Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 147 - Good in all things

Today an immense feeling of gratitude came over me. Today I realized that had I not lost my job, my house, Mark's job, struggled, and went through so much pain... I would not have many of my friends, nor my amazing neighbors, Brody would not be at his school, I would not have joined MOPS, I would not love my husband as deeply as I do, I would not be grateful for the roof over my head and the food on my table, my faith would be weak, and I would be on a path with more materialistic joy, but so much less real joy and hope. Despite our financial difficulties, I have so much more than I ever could ask for. My relationships have deepened, my life has taken on more meaning, and I am stronger than ever. So, even though I was devastated by everything that I lost... I can now see everything that I gained...and I would not trade it back for the world. I mean it.

God is good in all circumstances.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment