Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 124 - Misplace

Recently I came across my gratitude journal, it was hiding under a large pile of papers. I had written 193 things to be grateful for and then forgot all about it. So today I dusted it off and picked up where I left off. How did I misplace this sweet reminder and how did I forget about it so easily? We often forget about things like that, don't we? We forget acts of gratefulness or we let our Bible sit in the corner. We become so caught up in life that we stop spending time in prayer or deep thought unless it's a necessity. I like to think that I would rather be ahead of the game in my prayers and gratitude instead of being in crisis mode. It's kind of like choosing to use preventive medicine instead of waiting until the inevitable hits.

And so... I misstep, I forget, and I get caught up in a hectic life. But today I am once again moving forward with a plan to keep my faithfulness from getting buried or misplaced.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment