Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 175 - 10 Days Away

This morning I ran five miles without stopping. That's just chump change to so many people, but to me it was a looming number that I didn't truly believe that I could do. It's a half a mile more than I trained for my last run. And while in my heart I knew that I could do it, my mind was not so sure. So I just told myself as I was running, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength, over and over again. And I finished it.

I'm not sure why so many of us do not believe that we can accomplish the feats that other people do. Why for some reason we are not strong enough, smart enough, fast enough, competent enough, or creative enough. Why are we the ones that hold ourselves back? This year has taught me that I might not be the best at something, but that I can do it. That I need to believe in myself. That I need to put my time in. That I need to know that I am not alone and that God will help see me through.

My 10K is only 10 days away, and while I may be the last to cross the finish line, I know that I can run the whole race and that I will finish. And after it's done, I will set a new goal and work towards it. It makes my life come alive.

When you are having an awful day, going through a trial, feeling let down, or are ready to give up... remind yourself, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength and keep on moving.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment