Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 159 - New roles

Something to add to yesterdays post. God has been putting opportunities in Mark's heart and mine to take leadership roles in our children's lives. This is definitely something that I did not see coming 100%. While we already take on volunteer rolls, such as Assistant Coach, helping in the classroom, etc., next year we will both be taking on major rolls as Mark will lead his Adventure Guides circle, and I will have a heavy handed volunteer position at my son's school. These are both very time consuming, and as I was listening to God nudge me to give up most of my work, I knew why. God has an eventful year coming up for our family. Last night was my first meeting for my new role, and I feel very anxious about it. It's more than I imagined. But, I also know that this is where we are supposed to be going. That next year will be a year for our family to make a difference.

I'm not going to lie, I am scared, but God has been laying the framework and we will just follow his lead.
I am grateful that He has helped me let go of so many things that would have made next year cumbersome and that have been taking away my sleep, and my joy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment